Skin Type: Dry Skin
Is my skin type dry?
Dry skin is caused by an imbalance in the sebaceous glands, which do not generate enough oil to keep the skin lubricated. It can also be induced by a variety of intrinsic and extrinsic causes, including heredity, climate, and hormone changes, to name a few. This skin type is generally reactive and can affect many parts of the face and body.
What are the characteristics of dry skin on the face?
- Feels tight in the morning
- Rough or flakey patches
- May be itchy
- Lack of moisture
- Lines appear easily
What to avoid to minimize dryness on the skin?
- Cold weather and wind
- Exposure to the sun
- Constant use of very hot water in the bath
- Insufficient daily water intake
- Constant friction with clothes, shoes or the floor
- Constant contact with chlorinated water or sea
- Specific medications, such as to control acne
- Use of soaps that are very astringent and inappropriate for your dry skin type
- Frequent contact with cleaning chemicals