Skin Type: Oily Skin
Is my skin type oily?
The increased production of sebum by the sebaceous glands gives oily skin its name. Due to hormonal changes, this problem becomes more common during adolescence, when young people's testosterone levels rise, stimulating the sebaceous gland to generate more oil, aiding the production and appearance of pimples.
What are the characteristics of oily skin on the face?
- Shiny appearance
- Produces oils in the T-zone + the cheek area (appears greasy)
- Enlarged pores
- Prone to blackheads and acne
What to avoid to minimize oiliness on the skin?
- Wash your face many times a day
- Use a contraindicated product for oily skin
- Clean the skin with dirty hands
- Use hot water to wash your face, causing the rebound effect
- Lack of skin hydration
- Greasy food
- Exposing yourself to the sun excessively and without protection